From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: GPL and Source code providing
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:08:11
1 * Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 > We can simply burn them all to a DVD and put an offer on the CD on how
4 > to get the sources, then distribute it for the cost of the DVD/shipping.
5 > Another idea would be to put the CD/DVD/whatever on the store, with 0
6 > mark-up. That would mean we would be distributing it, at cost, upon
7 > request. There's nothing in the GPL that says that we have to increase
8 > the disk space *or* the bandwidth usage of *any* machines to comply.
9
10 ACK. I'm wondering why this argument comes so late - I was just
11 about writing the same as I've seen your mail :)
12
13 It would be enough, regularily burning not yet archived tarballs
14 on an CD and collecting them in some box where they can be catched
15 if someone requests it. This should be done by several people, so
16 in case of disk errors, fire, dead, etc we always have some archive.
17
18 Since it's not an gentoo-specific task (all distros shipping binary
19 packages have this problem), I would suggest doing this within the
20 csdb-project I annonced lately (http://sourcefarm.metux.de/)
23 cu
24 --
25 ---------------------------------------------------------------------
26 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service
27
28 phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
29 fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact@×××××.de
30 cellphone: +49 174 7066481
32 -- DSL ab 0 Euro. -- statische IP -- UUCP -- Hosting -- Webshops --
34 --
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list