From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] two new ebuild scripts
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:06:36
1 Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 >
3 > Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> writes:
4 >
5 > > On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 03:00:13AM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
6 > > > Alexander Paersch <genki@××××××××.li> writes:
7 > >
8 > > > > The first one is gtktalog a cd manager program. I put it in
9 > > > >app-misc because I dont't know which directory fits best.
10 > >
11 > > > Hehe, I made gtktalog today too :) I sent mine to Achim this
12 > > >afternoon, why haven't you enabled any of the plugins? like mp3-info
13 > > >and such?
14 > >
15 > > Probably because he just started making ebuilds and is getting the
16 > > hang of it. Please try to be more supportive.
17 >
18 > That wasn't meant as a complaint, sorry if it sounded like that. It
19 > was meant as a question from a user who hasn't been using GTKtalog. I
20 > wanted to start using GTKtalog and therefor I fixed an ebuild for it
21 > and found all kinds of configure-flags for different plugins. I don't
22 > know if they usually (in other distributions) is enabled and hence the
23 > question. So, it was not directed towards how the ebuild was done,
24 > rather if there was a special reason (like they are beeing unstable or
25 > something) that made him not use them.
26
27 It did not sound offensive to me too. I normaly try to add as much
28 features
29 as possible/rational and I try to make em optional via USE if p/r.
30
31 bye achim~
34 > Again, sorry if this sounded like a complaint.
35 >
36 > Regards,
37 > Mikael Hallendal
40 > gentoo-dev mailing list