From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] two new ebuild scripts
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 11:28:53
1 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 03:00:13AM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
4 > > Alexander Paersch <genki@××××××××.li> writes:
5 >
6 > > > The first one is gtktalog a cd manager program. I put it in
7 > > >app-misc because I dont't know which directory fits best.
8 >
9 > > Hehe, I made gtktalog today too :) I sent mine to Achim this
10 > >afternoon, why haven't you enabled any of the plugins? like mp3-info
11 > >and such?
12 >
13 > Probably because he just started making ebuilds and is getting the
14 > hang of it. Please try to be more supportive.
15
16 That wasn't meant as a complaint, sorry if it sounded like that. It
17 was meant as a question from a user who hasn't been using GTKtalog. I
18 wanted to start using GTKtalog and therefor I fixed an ebuild for it
19 and found all kinds of configure-flags for different plugins. I don't
20 know if they usually (in other distributions) is enabled and hence the
21 question. So, it was not directed towards how the ebuild was done,
22 rather if there was a special reason (like they are beeing unstable or
23 something) that made him not use them.
24
25 Again, sorry if this sounded like a complaint.
26
27 Regards,
28 Mikael Hallendal