From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: ebuild problem - die
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:01:19
1 On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 06:45:31AM -0400, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Parag Mehta wrote: [Thu Aug 23 2001, 05:17:57AM EDT]
3 > > as per the new portage we have expan_alias on according to daniel. now
4 > > if some good sysad has aliases rm=rm -i then the ebuild goes for
5 > > a toss. can this be fixed at the earliest.
6 >
7 > This is interesting. We should probably do "unalias -a" around the same
8 > time we do "shopt -s expand_aliases" in ebuild.sh.
9 >
10 > If somebody else wants to make this change, I'd appreciate it. My
11 > sister is getting married on Saturday, so I'll be pretty busy over the
12 > next couple of days.
13
14 OK, I think we should do the following. First, we try to use the --noprofile
15 option so that ebuild.sh does not auto-source /etc/profile. Will this work:
16
17 #!/bin/bash --noprofile
18
19 Then, I modify ebuild.sh to source *profile.env* rather than /etc/profile
20 directly, and use ROOTPATH as PATH. That should fix it without a messy
21 unalias. And then we're also protecting ourselves from further pollution from
22 /etc/profile.
23
24 I think this'll work; do you?
27 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>