From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: adding sys-apps/iproute2 to the @system set
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 19:55:22
1 On 09/06/2014 08:41, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > On Friday 05 September 2014 12:34:11 William Hubbs wrote:
3 >> All,
4 >>
5 >> there is a bug open requesting that we add sys-apps/iproute2 to the
6 >> system set [1]. Originally the request was to drop net-tools, but it has
7 >> become just adding iproute2.
8 >
9 > I wouldn't mind either option - net-tools has been deprecated for a decade,
10 > but if we still ship it as default it will be used.
11
12 It looks like Fedora has been maintaining net-tools on their own now. We
13 might want to switch to pulling from their sources, since I know they've
14 fixed the SCTP bug in netstat -S. The last official net-tools release on
15 SourceForge is 2011, so I don't think that's going to be updated anymore.
16
17 https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/net-tools/overview
20 Joshua Kinard
21 Gentoo/MIPS
22 kumba@g.o
23 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
24
25 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
26 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
27
28 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic