From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <zx2c4@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Ulrich Müller" <ulm@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] EAPI 6 draft for review
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 12:21:46
1 On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <zx2c4@g.o>
2 wrote:
5 > The other question is more critical -- could you merge eapply and
6 > eapply_user? Or add some hook to PMS so that eapply_user isn't needed? IOW,
7 > it'd be nice if every package was, by default, patchable by the user.
10 Looks like I answered my own question!
11
12 From the spec:
13
14 For EAPIs listed in table 9.3 as using format 6, the default implementation
15 > used when the ebuild lacks the src_prepare function shall behave as:
16 > src_prepare() {
17 > if declare -p PATCHES | grep -q "^declare -a "; then
18 > [[ -n ${PATCHES[@]} ]] && eapply "${PATCHES[@]}"
19 > else
20 > [[ -n ${PATCHES} ]] && eapply ${PATCHES}
21 > fi
22 > eapply_user
23 > }
26 Awesome!!