From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Jan Krueger <jk@×××××××××××.net>
Cc: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>, Steven Elling <ellings@×××××.com>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>, Nick Jones <carpaski@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some suggestions
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 14:11:56
1 On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 16:13, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 18:07, Jan Krueger wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 07 September 2003 13:21, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
4 > > > The other side of the issue that nobody really touched (or wanted to)
5 > > > up to now, is that the way of doing things as we do is with a reason.
6 > > > What about proposing (with maybe prototype) a new way of doing what
7 > > > we do now via CONFIG_PROTECT and etc-update/dispatch-conf that will
8 > > > also fit the requirements that you guys want ?
9 > >
10 > > Ok, as is understand this would be the variable:
11 > > CONFIG_EXCLUDE in /etc/make.conf
14 Btw, I think that getting ebuild messages recorded an displayed at the
15 end of the merge is also a big part of this whole issue.
20 Martin Schlemmer
21 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
22 Cape Town, South Africa