From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Official overlay support
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:28:02
1 Hi Andres,
2
3 On 3/24/06, Andres Loeh <kosmikus@g.o> wrote:
4 > Here's a list of things that I think are essential or highly helpful to
5 > our working process:
6 >
7 > * We should be allowed to continue using darcs for our version management.
8 > If that's not possible on Gentoo infra, we should be allowed to host on
9 > another machine and just have a pointer or ChangeLog on o.g.o.
10
11 Unless I've missed it, no-one else has spoken up and suggested what
12 the second VCS should be. I'll have a play with darcs as soon as I
13 can, and talk with infra about whether we can support it or not. Is
14 it okay if I come and pick your brains to help with this?
15
16 > * It should be possible for us to assign commit permissions to any people
17 > we think are qualified without any formalities and delay.
18
19 Absolutely. This is one of the corner-stones of the project.
20
21 > It would work, of course, and it would help prevent certain complaints,
22 > but it's not absolutely necessary. If "on request" is chosen, it's also
23 > important that read access can be given by us without any delay, i.e.,
24 > without going through any formal process.
25
26 The only formallity is that the request will need to come from the
27 project lead listed on your project's page under
28 www.g.o/proj/<lang>/<project>/. I need to talk to infra first, but in
29 principle I don't see a problem with project leads being allowed to
30 delegate that power.
31
32 Best regards,
33 Stu