From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC available for testing.
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 09:53:48
1 On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 20:38 -0800, Nathan Smith wrote:
2 > On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 12:41:00 +0000
3 > Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hi List
6 > >
7 > > 2008 is here and it's time for some change!
8 > >
9 > > OpenRC is now ready for testing. There are no ebuilds in the tree, but
10 > > some are available here [1] that offers a baselayout-2 shell that
11 > > pulls in openrc-9999. I'll just offer a git ebuild for the time
12 > > being, so bugs can be fixed fast without having to bump all the time.
13 > > But it should be fairly smooth going.
14 >
15 > I am wondering about the blocker on baselayout < 2.0 in your git
16 > overlay ebuild for baselayout-2. Is there some reason that the upgrade
17 > path from baselayout-1 to -2 will not work for openrc?
18
19 File ownership of a few things changed from baselayout -> openrc. Enough
20 so that openrc is a self enclosed product, but relies on system files
21 that baselayout supplies.
22
23 A blocker is the only way I know of doing this so portage doesn't
24 complain about overwriting files owned by another package.
25
26 Thanks
27
28 Roy