From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Moving project pages to wiki.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 18:38:19
1 On 09/19/2013 01:10 PM, Alex Legler wrote:
2 > As discussed [1] on -dev a while ago, project pages will now be moving
3 > to wiki.gentoo.org.
4 >
5 > From now on, you must not create new documents or projects in CVS/on
6 > www.gentoo.org.
7 > Existing projects are asked to move the contents of their project pages
8 > to the Wiki, or to remove outdated contents from CVS. To help this
9 > process, we provide an automatically wikified version of the GuideXML
10 > documents in /proj/.
11 >
12 > Please consult the documentation on how to proceed:
13 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_Wiki:Developer_Central/Project_pages
14 >
15 > Project pages on www.gentoo.org will be removed after the migration.
16 > Maintenance for this legacy service as of now is 'best-effort', no new
17 > features will be added.
20 Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but how are we dealing
21 with herds.xml?
22
23 Many herds are compiled from the project pages using
24 <maintainingproject> element. How does that work if the project pages
25 are going away?