From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perforce client proper license
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:46:58
1 On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:44:48 +0530
4 > Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
5 >> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
6 >> wrote:
7 >> > I think you will encounter namespace collisions, thats why I CC'd
8 >> > zac as he maintains mirror-dist ;p
9 >>
10 >> Why the hell didn't we think of this before!? :o
11 >
12 > Uhm. We did. PMS is worded very carefully to ensure that this all
13 > works. The only question is whether Portage's mirroring scripts are
14 > broken. Alec seems to think they are; I'm sceptical, because a) I
15 > pestered Zac about the issue really early on, and b) I strongly suspect
16 > we'd've seen the breakage by now if they were.
17
18 I said I doubted they were and to ask the maintainer:
19
20 00:45 < antarus> zmedico: do the mirroring scripts do src_uri arrows properly?
21 00:46 < zmedico> antarus: yes
22 00:46 < antarus> ok super ;)
23
24 Thread Over ;)
27 >> The easiest solution I can think of is for emerge to give special
28 >> consideration to the mirrors in GENTOO_MIRRORS, and look for the
29 >> renamed file there instead of the original ones.
30 >
31 > I quote:
32 >
33 > In EAPIs supporting arrows, if an arrow is used, the filename used when
34 > saving to \t{DISTDIR} shall instead be the name on the right of the
35 > arrow. When consulting mirrors (except for those explicitly listed on
36 > the left of the arrow, if \t{mirror://} is used), the filename to the
37 > right of the arrow shall be requested instead of the filename in the
38 > URI.
39 >
40 > --
41 > Ciaran McCreesh