From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perforce client proper license
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:02:15
1 On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:44:48 +0530
2 Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 > > I think you will encounter namespace collisions, thats why I CC'd
6 > > zac as he maintains mirror-dist ;p
7 >
8 > Why the hell didn't we think of this before!? :o
9
10 Uhm. We did. PMS is worded very carefully to ensure that this all
11 works. The only question is whether Portage's mirroring scripts are
12 broken. Alec seems to think they are; I'm sceptical, because a) I
13 pestered Zac about the issue really early on, and b) I strongly suspect
14 we'd've seen the breakage by now if they were.
15
16 > The easiest solution I can think of is for emerge to give special
17 > consideration to the mirrors in GENTOO_MIRRORS, and look for the
18 > renamed file there instead of the original ones.
19
20 I quote:
21
22 In EAPIs supporting arrows, if an arrow is used, the filename used when
23 saving to \t{DISTDIR} shall instead be the name on the right of the
24 arrow. When consulting mirrors (except for those explicitly listed on
25 the left of the arrow, if \t{mirror://} is used), the filename to the
26 right of the arrow shall be requested instead of the filename in the
27 URI.
30 Ciaran McCreesh