From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: tomas.chvatal@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How shall we name the EAPI 6 patch applying function?
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 17:34:57
1 On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 18:56:29 +0200
2 Tomáš Chvátal <tomas.chvatal@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Dne St 3. dubna 2013 16:29:48, Ciaran McCreesh napsal(a):
6 > > Hash: SHA1
7 > >
8 > > On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:33:30 +0200
9 > > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
10 > >
11 > > > You also have to rename the PATCHES array, because base.eclass already
12 > > > uses that name with epatch.
15 > > base.eclass should have died a horrible death a long time ago. A new
16 > > EAPI is an excellent opportunity to ban it.
19 > This is actually good idea to ban the base.eclass usage, but wonder how
20 > complex it would make all the eclasses that currently inherit it.
21
22 I think EAPI 6 should export all the means necessary to reimplement
23 the missing parts of it, inclusing user docs install and patch
24 application functions. Is there anything else that would be necessary?
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny