From: Jonathan Coome <maedhros@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Improving Gentoo User Relations
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:38:12
1 On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 02:33:07 -0700
2 Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
3 > The general case of the above is that if you want information, you
4 > need to find the right spot for it. That's generally either a specific
5 > relevant list or Bugzilla. The information doesn't come looking for
6 > you.
7
8 This, I think is exactly the point of what Christopher was saying.
9 Currently, a lot of information is simply not available unless you know
10 exactly where to look and who to ask, and that means that you have to
11 spend a while around Gentoo before you can even ask the questions.
12
13 I think planet.gentoo.org helps in this regard, but there could be a
14 lot more done to keep end users aware of what's going on.
15
16 Regards,
17 Jonathan
20 Jonathan Coome <maedhros@g.o>