From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [EAPI 8 RFC] Selective fetch/mirror (un-)restriction
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:16:27
1 >>>>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > Proposed solution
4 > =================
5 > The current proposal is based on extending the current URI syntax to
6 > permit excluding individual files from the restriction. The idea is to
7 > prepend 'fetch+' to protocol to undo fetch restriction, or to prepend
8 > 'mirror+' to undo fetch & mirror restrictions.
9
10 > Example 1: removing mirror restriction from files
11
12 > RESTRICT="mirror"
13 > SRC_URI="https://example.com/you-cant-mirror-this.tar.bz2
14 > mirror+https://example.com/but-you-can-mirror-this.tar.gz"
15
16 > Example 2: removing fetch & mirror restriction from files
17
18 > RESTRICT="fetch"
19 > SRC_URI="https://example.com/you-cant-fetch-this.zip
20 > mirror+https://example.com/but-you-can-mirror-this.tar.gz"
21
22 > Example 3: removing fetch restriction while leaving mirror restriction
23
24 > RESTRICT="fetch"
25 > SRC_URI="https://example.com/you-cant-fetch-this.zip
26 > fetch+https://example.com/you-cant-mirror-this.tar.bz2"
27
28 Looks good, but what is slightly confusing is that it doesn't map
29 one-to-one to the RESTRICT tokens:
30
31 - RESTRICT="mirror" enables mirror restriction, and it is undone by
32 "mirror+", as expected.
33
34 - RESTRICT="fetch" enables both fetch and mirror restriction, but it is
35 undone by "mirror+" as well, not by "fetch+" (which disables only
36 fetch restriction).
37
38 I had already asked this in bug 371413 [1], but is there an actual usage
39 case for example 3? Because if there isn't, we might get away with only
40 supporting "mirror+", which should be less error prone.
41
42 Ulrich
43
44 > [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/371413