From: Robert Moss <robmoss@g.o>
To: Daniel Goller <morfic@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 3.4 and ~x86
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:21:19
1 > 2004.0/2004.1? time warp? 2005.0/.1?
2
3 Heh, whoops, stupid Rob. 2005.0.
4
5 > ^^ yeah sure like we will have more devs help test a new toolchain, you
6 > forget it doesnt come with translucency and shadows, something that
7 > guarantees you plenty of (dev) testers, what's gcc, just some thing
8 > portage calls to build stuff, who would care about that?
9 > so much easier to complain about things than help fix them
10
11 True. But if it happens, and gcc-4.0 is in 2005.0, and all sorts of
12 stuff breaks because the devs ignored our pleas to test, then they can't
13 say we didn't warn them. Just like, well, what's happening with 3.4 and
14 ~x86...