From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Possible solution: email subdomain
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:43:23
1 On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 03:39:08 -0700
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Here's the proposal again. If there's an issue with it, shoot it
5 > down, but from here, it certainly seems to fit the bill. Again,
6 > I'd /love/ to say I was the one that came up with it, but I wasn't.
7 > =8^)
8 >
9 > * give [AH]Ts a <name>.tester@g.o address.
10 >
11 > - It's not a subdomain, so the existing infrastructure should have no
12 > problems with it.
13 >
14 > - testername.tester@g.o remains distinctive enough it should
15 > alleviate any doubts or confusion over status.
16 >
17 > - the biggest possible objection I can see is that the root,
18 > tester@g.o, is already in use. Thus, in particular, I'd like
19 > to see his reaction to this proposal. We could, of course, take the
20 > same idea and change the root, if necessary. My previous suggestion,
21 > intern, would work, or assistant, or something else. Tester is of
22 > course short and concise, but intern or assistant would be more
23 > generic, allowing the possiblity of other non-tester additions, in
24 > the future, with the same root.
25
26 Has the same problem as a subdomain as it creates two "classes" of
27 devs. So it would solve the potential technical problems, but we still
28 have the semantic issues.
29
30 Marius
35 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
36 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.