From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-office/magicpoint: ChangeLog magicpoint-1.12a.ebuild
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:38:44
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
2
3 > > Because it fails, magicpoint's build system is really old and
4 > > weird. The comment above should state that, but the leftover -j1 I
5 > > tried would confuse the reader. Plus the stupid die comments.
6 > most people associate "emake" with "run in parallel" when in reality,
7 > that is merely one of the things it provides
8 > if something doesnt work in parallel, you use `emake -j1` ... using
9 > `make` generally doesnt make sense anywhere
10
11 I know the difference, but thanks. That comment has been added because
12 I tried it with emake -j1...it still failed, so I chose to use make.
13 And then forgot to remove the comment.
14
15 V-Li
18 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
19 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
20
21 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>