From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 22:41:37
1 * Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com> schrieb:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > Apart from PDEPEND, one change needed as well in cups ebuilds:
6 > --with-pdftops pdftops
7 > needs to be replaced with
8 > --with-pdftops=/usr/bin/pdftops
9 >
10 > as otherwise it will fail during configure phase (giving absolute path
11 > disables autodetection)
12
13 Hardcodig a pathname is not a good idea, IMHO.
14 If ./configure really insists on autodetection when given name is
15 not absolute, we should fix the source ;-p
16
17 > cups can use either poppler or ghostscript as pdf-to-ps filter,
18 > so given the fact that ghostscript is already a dep of cups,
19 > maybe --with-pdftops=gs could be used instead to avoid poppler
20 > dependency completely, but that's up to cups maintainers to
21 > determine whether it's safe/desired.
22
23 hmm, does it _really_ need gs, even when pdftops is used ?
24
25 maybe we could move out this whole issue to an wrapper script
26 (configurable via eselect) ?
29 cu
30 --
32 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
34 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
35 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
36 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
37 http://patches.metux.de/