From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python ebuild: use tcltk
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 14:30:43
1 Achim Gottinger wrote:
2 >
3 > Daniel Robbins wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 12:43:53AM -0500, Tod M. Neidt wrote:
6 > > > Hi!
7 > > >
8 > > > Attached is a modified python ebuild (python-2.0-r4.ebuild) that will
9 > > > include the tkinter module if USE tcltk is set. I made three changes.
10 > >
11 > > Have you tested it with *and* without tcltk set in USE, and does it compile
12 > > OK in both instances? If so, I'll give it quick test over here and if it goes
13 > > ok, I'll add it to cvs.
14 > >
15 > > Thanks :)
16 >
17 > Well someone must fix all the packages that had to be hacked manually in
18 > the past to work with all
19 > combinations of USE flags for python.
20
21 Well I added portag-2.0-r4(with tcltk support) to the cvs tree and fixed
22 all packages depending on python.
23 python-2.0-r4 now installs a simple python-config script which only
24 outputs the libs used to build python.
25 I used this srcript in new revs of xchat,entity and koffice ebuilds.
26
27 achim~
28 >
29 > bye achim~