From: Jim Bonnet <jimbo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install failure
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 15:48:36
1 Thanks.. I'm going that as we speak..
2
3 Jim
4
5 > On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 02:27:27PM -0700, Jim Bonnet wrote:
6 > > I am installing from the build CD, have been following the isntructions and have found
7 > > a couple trouble areas for myself.
8 > >
9 > > I am building from the bootstrap-20010804.packages file. I got errors building
10 > > diffutils, and sharutils. The error in diffutils was fixed by rerunning
11 > > emerge system, and the error in sharutils was fixed by bringing over makeinfo
12 > > from another box, but I stopped there because I didn't want to build a broken
13 > > mess..
14
15 > The bootstrap-20010804.packages file is brand-new and was almost certainly created
16 > by Alkaline (Pete Gavin), who is building a new build image as we speak. That means
17 > that you may certainly find problems with the packages listed therein, at least until
18 > Pete finishes his work and gets all the ebuilds working perfectly. In the mean time,
19 > you may want to try to use the next-most-recent bootstrap file for setting up your
20 > Gentoo Linux system.