From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install failure
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 15:46:47
1 On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 02:27:27PM -0700, Jim Bonnet wrote:
2 > I am installing from the build CD, have been following the isntructions and have found
3 > a couple trouble areas for myself.
4 >
5 > I am building from the bootstrap-20010804.packages file. I got errors building
6 > diffutils, and sharutils. The error in diffutils was fixed by rerunning
7 > emerge system, and the error in sharutils was fixed by bringing over makeinfo
8 > from another box, but I stopped there because I didn't want to build a broken
9 > mess..
10
11 The bootstrap-20010804.packages file is brand-new and was almost certainly created
12 by Alkaline (Pete Gavin), who is building a new build image as we speak. That means
13 that you may certainly find problems with the packages listed therein, at least until
14 Pete finishes his work and gets all the ebuilds working perfectly. In the mean time,
15 you may want to try to use the next-most-recent bootstrap file for setting up your
16 Gentoo Linux system.
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>