From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some ideas on how to reduce territoriality
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:24:04
1 Mike Frysinger kirjoitti:
2 > On Saturday 04 August 2007, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> Steev Klimaszewski kirjoitti:
4 >>> Vlastimil Babka wrote:
5 >>>> dodoc calls should have || die and USE=doc should be tested before
6 >>>> commiting a bump, IMHO
7 >>> Sorry, I didn't realize my 3 hour compile of $APPLICATION should die
8 >>> because TODO wasn't around. Vote against || die - it doesn't affect
9 >>> anything aside from misc docs not being installed, if its really that
10 >>> important, most people hit the website anyway. (But yes, they should be
11 >>> corrected and tested before committing)
12 >> And is the average ebuild 3 hours and haven't you heard about FEATURES
13 >> noauto? The || die is there for maintainers to spot when version
14 >> bumping. If you commit a version that's broken with missing TODO and ||
15 >> die you should think about if you are doing everything right...
16 >
17 > so you think everyone should be an ebuild ninja and know exactly how to
18 > recover ? or edit an ebuild to fix the issue themselves (you're assuming
19 > dodoc was the last statement in src_install, not the first)
20 > -mike
21
22 Yes, every gentoo dev with gentoo-x86 access should know how to deal
23 with it.
24
25 Regards,
26 Petteri