From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some ideas on how to reduce territoriality
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:28:42
1 On Saturday 04 August 2007, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Steev Klimaszewski kirjoitti:
3 > > Vlastimil Babka wrote:
4 > >> dodoc calls should have || die and USE=doc should be tested before
5 > >> commiting a bump, IMHO
6 > >
7 > > Sorry, I didn't realize my 3 hour compile of $APPLICATION should die
8 > > because TODO wasn't around. Vote against || die - it doesn't affect
9 > > anything aside from misc docs not being installed, if its really that
10 > > important, most people hit the website anyway. (But yes, they should be
11 > > corrected and tested before committing)
12 >
13 > And is the average ebuild 3 hours and haven't you heard about FEATURES
14 > noauto? The || die is there for maintainers to spot when version
15 > bumping. If you commit a version that's broken with missing TODO and ||
16 > die you should think about if you are doing everything right...
17
18 so you think everyone should be an ebuild ninja and know exactly how to
19 recover ? or edit an ebuild to fix the issue themselves (you're assuming
20 dodoc was the last statement in src_install, not the first)
21 -mike