From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Summary for 15 March 2007 special council meeting on CoC
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 06:09:51
1 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> posted
2 1174051411.8633.42.camel@××××××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Fri,
3 16 Mar 2007 09:23:31 -0400:
4
5 > On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 04:35 +0000, Duncan wrote:
6 >> * "If you perceive a breach of the Code of Conduct guidelines, let the
7 >> proctors know." How? [N]o general proctor address is listed.
8 >
9 > We had no such alias made, but I'm requesting it to be done. I'll
10 > update the document accordingly once we have the alias.
11 >
12 > I also plan on making it known that users/developers should be able to
13 > also contact any of the local moderation/operation staff for the medium
14 > they're on, meaning they can contact any op in #gentoo or any moderator
15 > in the forums. There's no need to necessarily go directly to the
16 > proctors for everything.
17
18 Cool. =8^)
19
20 >> their council term, if elected). Was that really intended? Perhaps it
21 >
22 > Yes, it was intended. Nobody on the Council should be a proctor. I
23 > think you missed that only the *initial* group of proctors includes all
24 > global moderators. By the next council meeting, we plan on having a
25 > much reduced list of proctors to serve in a more permanent role.
26
27 OK. Makes sense now. I saw the /initial/ but wasn't sure where it was
28 going from there. The further explanation makes sense.
29
30 Thanks. =8^)
35 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list