From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Summary for 15 March 2007 special council meeting on CoC
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:26:43
1 On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 04:35 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > * "If you perceive a breach of the Code of Conduct guidelines, let the
3 > proctors know." How? The council's email address is given for appeals,
4 > but no general proctor address is listed. (At least none that I saw, even
5 > after searching, so if it's there, it needs to be made rather more
6 > prominent.) proctors@g.o a reasonable alias? Mentioning it right
7 > after the above quoted sentence should work, I think.
8
9 We had no such alias made, but I'm requesting it to be done. I'll
10 update the document accordingly once we have the alias.
11
12 I also plan on making it known that users/developers should be able to
13 also contact any of the local moderation/operation staff for the medium
14 they're on, meaning they can contact any op in #gentoo or any moderator
15 in the forums. There's no need to necessarily go directly to the
16 proctors for everything.
17
18 > their council term, if elected). Was that really intended? Perhaps it
19
20 Yes, it was intended. Nobody on the Council should be a proctor. I
21 think you missed that only the *initial* group of proctors includes all
22 global moderators. By the next council meeting, we plan on having a
23 much reduced list of proctors to serve in a more permanent role. This
24 will *include* moderators from the forums, but not all of them. If
25 someone runs for Council and is elected, they would give up their
26 position as proctor (but not as a moderator/operator). Since the next
27 Council elections aren't before the next Council meeting, this should
28 work out just fine. ;]
29
30 Basically, the chain goes like this:
31
32 local moderators/operators -> proctors -> Council
35 Chris Gianelloni
36 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
37 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
38 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
39 Gentoo Foundation