From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-forensics/foremost: ChangeLog foremost-1.5.6.ebuild
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:27:34
1 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> said:
2 > If you feel you have too much time you could search on bugzilla for "patch"
3 > and start fixing those bugs. "Bump" is also a funny search.
4
5 If you are just bumping random packages and applying patches when you
6 have no idea how the package works, we have a problem on our hands.
7 Please don't do that, you are only making more work for others. Perhaps
8 some of the things that are not maintained should go away.
9
10 > Once you've done that for 3 months we can renegotiate cosmetic bugs and QA.
11
12 Renegotiate QA? Do not commit anything to the tree that doesn't comply
13 to QA standards. Its really that simple. Don't be lazy and do things
14 the right way, or don't do them at all.
17 > Kthxbai,
18
19 Also, please learn how to communicate in a manner that is constructive
20 instead of acting like a dick at every opportunity.
23 Mark Loeser
24 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
25 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com
26 web - http://www.halcy0n.com