From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenLDAP 2.2 series
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 13:39:58
1 On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 19:00 -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Thanks for the note.
3 >
4 > My personal opinion is that this sort of news item is the sort of thing
5 > that we need to do a better job of announcing widely. I'm going to CC
6 > the GWN folks on this e-mail as well as our PR folks, to see if either
7 > of those groups want it.
8
9 I know this might not be the most popular thing, but shouldn't we also
10 post this stuff on the front page (or at *least* a sub-page) of www.g.o?
11
12 I think that anything that is potentially compatibility or functionality
13 breaking with a package upgrade *really* needs as much exposure as
14 possible, to keep the complaints down and to increase the probability of
15 somebody finding out about the changes before they go in and wreak havoc
16 on their already-working system.
19 Chris Gianelloni
21 Games - Developer
22 Gentoo Linux