From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gwn-feedback@g.o, pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenLDAP 2.2 series
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 00:00:27
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote: [Sat Apr 30 2005, 06:44:58PM CDT]
2 > Ok, I've just put the latest OpenLDAP 2.2.26 into the tree, and I don't
3 > see anything that is now holding back the 2.2 series from ~arch. In 2
4 > weeks, I plan to move it to ~arch, from it's present p.mask status.
5 >
6 > It shouldn't cause any problems for anybody that has OpenLDAP installed
7 > as a client only, but it's a bit bumpy for those that are running
8 > OpenLDAP servers.
9 >
10 > The ebuild will exit if it detects the server data files from the
11 > previous versions of OpenLDAP, and display instructions on how to
12 > upgrade safely. Bypass them at your own peril, as you will end up with a
13 > badly corrupted database.
14 >
15 > Also note that the slapd.conf syntax has had some minor but annoying
16 > changes that will block slapd from starting until they are updated.
17
18 Thanks for the note.
19
20 My personal opinion is that this sort of news item is the sort of thing
21 that we need to do a better job of announcing widely. I'm going to CC
22 the GWN folks on this e-mail as well as our PR folks, to see if either
23 of those groups want it.
24
25 -g2boojum-
26 --
27 Grant Goodyear
28 Gentoo Developer
29 g2boojum@g.o
30 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
31 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76