From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 20:31:14
1 On 08/09/2012 09:43 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:42:15 +0200
3 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Repeat after me: having your first process require anything more than
6 >> libc is stupid and dangerous.
7 >
8 > But you are aware that glibc is probably much, much worse than most of
9 > those 'stupid and dangerous' libraries, right?
10
11 Then we have a bigger problem, since everything in our system is based
12 on that.
13
14 >> Once that concept gets accepted then we could discuss about why
15 >> reinventing shellscript may not be that sound and other less glaring,
16 >> horrid and appalling design choices.
17 >
18 > Yes, exactly. So why does openrc reinvent that horrible shellscript?
19
20 It is not re-invented, in fact we can use any compatible shell.
21
22 lu