From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guidelines for IUSE defaults
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 15:11:39
1 On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 16:06:02 +0100
2 Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 02/02/2017 03:11 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
5 > > Can we discourage IUSE defaults except for #1 and #2? I'm equally
6 > > guilty of #3 and #4, but I now regret them. I would also like to see
7 > > explanations in metadata.xml of why +flags are on by default.
8 >
9 > This presumes that the goal is minimal system in all cases, rather
10 > than a good user experience for inter alia a desktop system or a
11 > server-system. If a user requires a minimal system for whatever reason
12 > (s)he is likely more prepared to understand the choices than the
13 > average user.
14
15 Exactly what I was going to say.
18 James Le Cuirot (chewi)