From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: perl eclass review - EAPI=3 + new helper eclass
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:27:40
1 >>>>> "TV" == Torsten Veller <ml-en@××××××.net> writes:
2
3 TV> * James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>:
4 >> One change the perl eclasses require is elimination of the code which
5 >> deletes the man pages.
6 >>
7 >> Deleting the man pages is /extremely/ rude and should not occur.
8
9 TV> There was a reason why the man-pages were removed: I think it was
10 TV> collisions protection and perl people use `perldoc` anyway.
11
12 Perl people -- I'm one -- use man(1); given the differences in
13 usefulness, I cannot imagine why anyone would prefer perldoc(1)
14 over man(1).
15
16 TV> Do we need a patch to avoid collisions? Do you have it ready and tested?
17
18 I've never seen any collisions due to installing the man pages.
19
20 -JimC
21 --
22 James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6