From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:09:02
1 > The last link should settle it for you?
2 > Can we now comfortably say that "Gentoo is about choice"? The other 652,998
3 > links might reveal a few more places where we can get the choice idea from
4 > but I hope that all these links should be sufficient to give anyone this
5 > idea.
6
7 Ok, fine. Gentoo is about choice. So what about developers? Don't we
8 also have a choice? Sometimes we have to choose what is best for
9 ourselves (note, I'm not talking about anything selfish or malicious
10 here). Sometimes we have to choose what is best for Gentoo. In most
11 cases, we are even right, although you would never guess this from the
12 amount of complaining that occurs anytime we make such a choice...
13
14 -Steve
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list