From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:52:40
1 On Tuesday 22 Nov 2005 11:32 pm, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > Ok, fine. Gentoo is about choice. So what about developers? Don't we
3 > also have a choice? Sometimes we have to choose what is best for
4 > ourselves (note, I'm not talking about anything selfish or malicious
5 > here). Sometimes we have to choose what is best for Gentoo. In most
6 > cases, we are even right, although you would never guess this from the
7 > amount of complaining that occurs anytime we make such a choice...
8
9 As I said earlier I don't have any credentials/knowledge/expertise (or
10 anything you might want to call it) that can enable me to argue with you
11 guys. Also I am not effected by the removal of Stage 1 and 2 installation
12 docs. I will not be effected even if Stage 1/2 tar balls are removed as well.
13 I was simply responding to Chris Gianelloni's comment of "Where does it say
14 that Gentoo is about choice?" That is ALL. Period!!!
15
16 Abhay