From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
Subject: Re: OT: [gentoo-dev] Nazi symbols on Gentoo (and other offending content)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 06:28:05
1 On Sunday 27 April 2008, Santiago M. Mola wrote:
2 > On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Santiago M. Mola kirjoitti:
4 > > > Thoughts? Isn't there anyone else willing to keep Nazi symbols outside
5 > > > forums? If yes, at the expense of punting all politics or just as a
6 > > > special case?
7 > >
8 > > Again this is the wrong mailing list. I don't see this thread having any
9 > > technical content.
10 >
11 > Actually I thought about it, but it seems @-project has no attention
12 > from developers, and what I want to know if is more developers see
13 > this as a problem, or not, or just don't care (if the later is the
14 > case, the thread will just die shortly).
15 >
16 > Anyway, next time I'll use @-project, and let's see if someone
17 > actually cares about that mailing list.
18
19 unfortunately (fortunately?), that's the way the Gentoo community wants it.
20 gentoo-dev is for development only. any non-development stuff goes to the
21 gentoo-project list. you're most likely right there are a lot less people
22 subscribed there, but that is because the people who arent subscribed there
23 dont care about non-development issues.
24
25 even if there may be a set of people not on the -project list but on the -dev
26 list, and they have an opinion on this particular topic, putting the thread
27 here is not appropriate. if they truly care, they can signup, fetch the
28 relevant mails from the archive, and respond.
29 -mike