From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion: ebuilds linked to kernel upgrade
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:18:58
1 On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 18:19 +0100, John Mylchreest wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 17:31 -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > Actually, genkernel does have the --callback option, which runs an
4 > > external command before finalizing the build. We use it for building
5 > > external modules and packages that require a configured kernel when
6 > > building the releases, but I think adding an option to genkernel
7 > > wouldn't be bad to do this for you. We could add a command-line switch
8 > > to genkernel to automatically rebuild any external modules after it has
9 > > built the kernel. We could use something like --autorebuild. You could
10 > > then do something like "genkernel --autorebuild all" to build your new
11 > > kernel and automatically rebuild all of your external modules.
12 >
13 > My thoughts exactly. And I'm sure a welcome addition.
14
15 Bug #109941
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead