From: John Mylchreest <johnm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion: ebuilds linked to kernel upgrade
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:28:09
1 On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 17:31 -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Actually, genkernel does have the --callback option, which runs an
3 > external command before finalizing the build. We use it for building
4 > external modules and packages that require a configured kernel when
5 > building the releases, but I think adding an option to genkernel
6 > wouldn't be bad to do this for you. We could add a command-line switch
7 > to genkernel to automatically rebuild any external modules after it has
8 > built the kernel. We could use something like --autorebuild. You could
9 > then do something like "genkernel --autorebuild all" to build your new
10 > kernel and automatically rebuild all of your external modules.
11
12 My thoughts exactly. And I'm sure a welcome addition.
15 Role: Gentoo Linux Kernel Lead
16 Gentoo Linux: http://www.gentoo.org
17 Public Key: gpg --recv-keys 9C745515
18 Key fingerprint: A0AF F3C8 D699 A05A EC5C 24F7 95AA 241D 9C74 5515
19 Web:
20 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9C745515
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list