From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sunrise: way forward, semi-official, review
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:35:03
1 On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 17:05 +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 > And that is what we are doing now. We have moved the overlay to
3 > gentoo-sunrise.org to analyze, improve and hash out the details. So the
4 > Sunrise project is now "semi-official". While being an official Gentoo
5 > Project run by Gentoo developers it is not currently hosted on gentoo.org.
6
7 It doesn't become an official Gentoo project by being run by 'official'
8 Gentoo developers. There is no such thing as 'semi-official' and as such
9 the move away from the gentoo domain indicates it has nothing to do with
10 Gentoo and makes this part of the several third-party Gentoo ebuild
11 sites around. Good luck with that, but don't try to put a Gentoo
12 stamp-of-approval on it.
13
14 - foser