From: Jason Rhinelander <jason@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Gentoo Developer Handbook - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:07:45
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 07:20:24PM +0100 or thereabouts, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >>* The ability to impose arbitrary restrictions upon what developers are
4 >>and are not allowed to say on IRC and the mailing lists.
5 >
6 > I have seen this and I strongly disagreed with it then and now. I don't
7 > believe it is *ever* appropriate for devrel to censor devs, whether it be
8 > temporarily or permanently. As long as it is done professionally and
9 > courteously, devs should be able to express themselves freely imo.
10
11 That appears to be what the recently posted documents laid out. It
12 seems to me from those documents that the only time censorship would
13 come into play would be when devs are _not_ expressing themselves
14 professionally and courteously. I didn't see anything that talked about
15 or indicated "arbitrary restrictions" - the restrictions seemed clearly
16 laid out for cases where devs are acting inappropriately.
19 > --kurt
22 -- Jason Rhinelander
23 -- Gossamer Threads, Inc.
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list