From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An official Gentoo wiki
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:49:19
1 Michael Hammer wrote:
2 >> The wiki can be a staging ground for user contributed documents, which can
3 >> become part of official docs after a review and cleanup by developers.
4
5 ...as long as they use a compatible license, is not the case right now
6 (and never was, IIRC).
7
8 > That's the way I intended my proposal. As some kind of early state GDP
9 > documents. It's an unwritten fact that user are willing to contribute
10 > to wiki systems - but I've never received an xml file for our GDP
11 > written by a user ;) ... The wiki can be the place to develop new
12 > howtos by disburding the devs - IMHO.
13
14 Contrary to popular belief, we (the GDP) don't require submissions in
15 any particular format. We have plenty of monkeys that can convert just
16 about anything to our fancy internal format. We do our best to
17 communicate this fact to other people in Gentoo, but apparently it's a
18 tough job, as I don't recall much submissions in non-XML form.
19
20 Cheers,
21 -jkt
24 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth