From: Michael Hammer <mueli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An official Gentoo wiki
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:50:02
1 * Gokdeniz Karadag <gokdeniz@×××××××××××××.tr> [081112 13:06]:
2 > Petteri Räty demis ki::
3 > > Michael Hammer wrote:
4 > > We should develop some kind of review process and at least the
5 > > possiblity to lock and hide pages of poor quality. In the most cases
6 > > the howtos are related to some herds. What if we have a "reviewed
7 > > section" where herds can approve pages and user can be sure that the
8 > > infos provided have a minimum of quality.
9 > >
10 > > We already have a reviewed section. It's called GDP.
11
12 You're fully right! The GDP can therefore be the reviewed sections
13 where documents from the wiki are transfered to.
14
15 > The wiki can be a staging ground for user contributed documents, which can
16 > become part of official docs after a review and cleanup by developers.
17
18 That's the way I intended my proposal. As some kind of early state GDP
19 documents. It's an unwritten fact that user are willing to contribute
20 to wiki systems - but I've never received an xml file for our GDP
21 written by a user ;) ... The wiki can be the place to develop new
22 howtos by disburding the devs - IMHO.
23
24 g, mueli
28 Michael Hammer | <mueli@g.o> | Graz, AT
29 Gentoo Developer (Kerberos) | http://www.michael-hammer.at