From: Gokdeniz Karadag <gokdeniz@×××××××××××××.tr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An official Gentoo wiki
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:05:37
1 Petteri Räty demis ki::
2 > Michael Hammer wrote:
3 >> * Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> [081112 00:46]:
4 >>> What are others feelings on this?
5 >> I like the idea!
6 >>
7 >>> What issues do you see with having a wiki?
8 >> Pages of poor quality with wrong informations.
9 >>
10 >>> Do you see anyway to resolve the issue you see with us having a
11 >>> wiki?
12 >> We should develop some kind of review process and at least the
13 >> possiblity to lock and hide pages of poor quality. In the most cases
14 >> the howtos are related to some herds. What if we have a "reviewed
15 >> section" where herds can approve pages and user can be sure that the
16 >> infos provided have a minimum of quality.
17 >>
18 >> g, mueli
21 > We already have a reviewed section. It's called GDP.
22 >
23 > Regards,
24 > Petteri
27 The wiki can be a staging ground for user contributed documents, which can
28 become part of official docs after a review and cleanup by developers.
31 Gokdeniz Karadag