From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: aballier@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting proper USE_EXPAND variable(s) for multilib
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:55:28
1 On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:27:30 -0300
2 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > To be honest, I don't know if there's other way to hide USE flags than
5 > > using USE_EXPAND_HIDDEN. If we want to use that, we'd have to split
6 > > the flags per-arch, i.e. have:
7 > >
8 > > MULTILIB_AMD64="abi1 abi2 abi3"
9 > > MULTILIB_PPC64="abi1 abi2 abi3"
10 > >
11 > > with appropriate USE_EXPAND_HIDDEN set by profiles.
12 >
13 > I don't like that at all.
14 > I'd go for ABI= the union of all the MULTILIB_ABIS variables (if there
15 > is no name collision)
16
17 Well, there is one :).
18
19 > we certainly want skype to depend on libitneeds[abi_x86], not 'amd64?
20 > ( libitneeds[abi_amd64_x86] ) x86? ( libitneeds )'
21
22 Yes, that seems reasonable.
23
24 On the other hand, mips will most likely want some prefix with names
25 like 'n32' and 'n64'.
26
27 Well, I think I'll have to ping the arch teams to see what kinds
28 of multilib they want.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny