From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla usage for overlays' projects [was: sunrise, a temporary compromise]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:22:10
1 On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 15:09 +0200, Harald van Dijk wrote:
2 > You're suggesting jakub maybe shouldn't even be a Gentoo dev because he
3 > *doesn't* give one unofficial overlay special treatment over another?
4
5 The jave "unofficial" overlay is well on its way to becoming an official
6 and officially hosted overlay.
7
8 > > This childishness from *all* sides is getting really old, really fast.
9 > > People need to grow the hell up, and quit with the melodrama.
10 >
11 > Don't you think you yourself are overreacting a bit in your message?
12
13 Not at all. I've been back on the gentoo-dev list for three weeks, and
14 the actual "dev" part of it has been pretty much missing. This list
15 would be more ideal as gentoo-rant,
16 gentoo-torture-every-reader-with-endless-threads,
17 gentoo-lets-not-get-along, gentoo-babies, gentoo-childishness, we can
18 come with a few more.
19
20 My personal view is apparently starting to be more public here, so I'll
21 be plain: I think developers needs to all seriously reconsider what they
22 are doing with Gentoo and why. I'm not advocating anything other than a
23 bit of introspection on why people do this to begin with.
24
25 In the past few weeks, I've seen devs get at each others' throats; and
26 worse still at users' throats. And really, it's a little too much
27 already.
28
29 Thanks,
30