From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion about how to tell ATs that a package can be stabilized on all arches at the same time
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 10:17:32
1 Hello
2
3 Many times has raised the question about how we could handle those
4 packages (like icon packs, wallpapers...) that are not arch dependent
5 and, then, could be stabilized all at the same time by the first arch
6 team that is going to stabilize it.
7
8 Some months ago it was suggested that this packages could have a KEYWORD
9 with a value like "~arch" for example that could indicate this
10 situation:
11 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/283020
12
13 But it was shown that it would be difficult to make it work properly at
14 PM level.
15
16 Then, I was wondering if we could handle this simply by having:
17 - A new keyword for bugzilla like "STABLEREQALL" to easily allow arch
18 teams to filter this kind of packages and handle them in this "special
19 way"
20 - A new key for metadata.xml files to specify there that the package can
21 be handled in that way.
22
23 What do you think about this? It wouldn't need any change at PM level
24 and, then, it should be easy to do.