From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] repoman feature request / profiles.desc profile types
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 16:55:57
1 Hi all,
2
3 Right now we have arches maintaining a stable keyword and we have arches that
4 don't do that.
5
6 This makes me think that the classification of profiles as "exp", "dev",
7 "stable" in profiles.desc does not really cover all usecases.
8
9 [Current meaning:
10 "stable" - repoman checks it, arch has stable keyword
11 "dev" - repoman checks it with -d
12 "exp" - repoman ignores it]
13
14 I'd like to propose two additional profile types:
15 "nonstable" - repoman checks it, arch has no stable keyword (and if there is
16 one in an ebuild, repoman treats it as arch=~arch)
17 "dev-nonstable" - repoman checks it with -d, arch has no stable keyword (and
18 if there is one in an ebuild, repoman treats it as arch=~arch)
19
20 Why not make it possible to keep an ~arch only deptree consistent?!
21
22 Cheers,
23 Andreas
26 Andreas K. Huettel
27 Gentoo Linux developer (council, kde)
28 dilfridge@g.o
29 http://www.akhuettel.de/