From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dilfridge@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman feature request / profiles.desc profile types
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:52:36
1 On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 17:58:39 +0100
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
5 > Hi all,
6 >
7 > Right now we have arches maintaining a stable keyword and we have
8 > arches that don't do that.
9 >
10 > This makes me think that the classification of profiles as "exp",
11 > "dev", "stable" in profiles.desc does not really cover all usecases.
12 >
13 > [Current meaning:
14 > "stable" - repoman checks it, arch has stable keyword
15 > "dev" - repoman checks it with -d
16 > "exp" - repoman ignores it]
17 >
18 > I'd like to propose two additional profile types:
19 > "nonstable" - repoman checks it, arch has no stable keyword (and if
20 > there is one in an ebuild, repoman treats it as arch=~arch)
21 > "dev-nonstable" - repoman checks it with -d, arch has no stable
22 > keyword (and if there is one in an ebuild, repoman treats it as
23 > arch=~arch)
24
25 +1
26
27 (dev-nonstable isnt really appealing as history has proved that nobody
28 dares to check deptree for dev/exp profiles)
29
30 > Why not make it possible to keep an ~arch only deptree consistent?!
31
32 it is possible, there's just a lot of confusion around it :)
33 this "cosmetic" change should really help in avoiding this confusion
36 Alexis.