From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:31:26
1 On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:46:41 +0000 Steve Long
2 <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > Stephen Bennett wrote:
4 > > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> The EAPI=0 document was supposed to be a QA project. What it is
7 > >> now, I have no idea.
8 > >
9 > > A QA subproject which has not yet released a public draft.
10 > >
11 > And it doesn't concern you that after x months, Chris had no idea
12 > what it was?
13
14 Chris had no idea what it was because he was being mislead by all the
15 people going around making absurd claims in this thread.
16
17 > >> What the Council is interested
18 > >> in is a specification of expected behavior of an EAPI=0 compatible
19 > >> package manager.
20 > >
21 > > Which is exactly what PMS is.
22 >
23 > Except it's one that needs Paludis ready before it can be considered
24 > complete.
25
26 It's supposed to be a specification, not a description of one program.
27 Had you read the thread, you'd know that already.
28
29 > /me thinks are they really that clever? /me remembers
30 > ciaranm's incredibly smart posts from ~2 years ago when he couldn't
31 > stand being treated like a noob.
32
33 Which is supposed to mean what?
34
35 > >> We asked for a specification. If the PMS
36 > >> team is unable or unwilling to provide us with what we asked under
37 > >> the terms we asked for it
38 > >
39 > > We're working to provide it. So far, I haven't been asked for it
40 > > under any particular terms other than "at some point in the future,
41 > > and we realise that it will take a while to finish".
42 >
43 > Glad to hear it'll be here in a fortnight. See what a little free and
44 > open competition (or even the threat of it) can do? Welcome to the
45 > GPL.
46
47 This thread has slowed PMS down, not sped it up... And, uh, the GPL
48 doesn't come into it anywhere.
49
50 Kindly stop. You don't have a clue what you're talking about and your
51 attempts at trolling are highly transparent.
54 Ciaran McCreesh
55 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
56 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
57 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/