From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:48:14
1 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> The EAPI=0 document was supposed to be a QA project. What it is now,
5 >> I have no idea.
6 >
7 > A QA subproject which has not yet released a public draft.
8 >
9 And it doesn't concern you that after x months, Chris had no idea what it
10 was?
11
12 >> What the Council is interested
13 >> in is a specification of expected behavior of an EAPI=0 compatible
14 >> package manager.
15 >
16 > Which is exactly what PMS is.
17 >
18 Except it's one that needs Paludis ready before it can be considered
19 complete. /me thinks are they really that clever? /me remembers ciaranm's
20 incredibly smart posts from ~2 years ago when he couldn't stand being
21 treated like a noob.
22
23 >> We asked for a specification. If the PMS
24 >> team is unable or unwilling to provide us with what we asked under
25 >> the terms we asked for it
26 >
27 > We're working to provide it. So far, I haven't been asked for it under
28 > any particular terms other than "at some point in the future, and we
29 > realise that it will take a while to finish".
30
31 Glad to hear it'll be here in a fortnight. See what a little free and open
32 competition (or even the threat of it) can do? Welcome to the GPL.
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list