From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Discontinuing (more-than-absolutely-minimal) Python support for non-x86 arches
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 21:35:31
1 On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 22:15:32 +0100
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > >
5 > > > https://github.com/zmedico/portage/compare/master...zmedico:drobbins-track
6 > > > -keywords?expand=1
7 > > That's kind of what ALLARCHES is for although IIRC the rules state that
8 > > packages should still be initially keyworded in the usual way. Other
9 > > distros do "noarch" though so the idea isn't without precedent.
10 >
11 > It was a long discussion to get ALLARCHES finalized and accepted, and now
12 > barely anyone is using it. (Most arch teams never bothered to adapt their
13 > workflow.) Maybe we should do that for a start?
14
15 We did use it for Java while I was around. I even wrote a policy page
16 about it. It would probably still be used if there was anything much
17 happening with Java at the moment.
18
19 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Java/Stabilization_Policy
22 James Le Cuirot (chewi)